After shooting to fame in ‘Twilight’, hunk Robert Pattinson has the world at his feet - will he become the next Johnny Depp?
Screaming teenagers, award ceremonies and no escape from the paparazzi – the British actor’s life has changed massively since the vampire romance turned him into a global star.
When the 23-year-old was born in London in 1986, Johnny Depp (46) was the teen idol.
He shot to fame in the series ‘21 Jump Street’, but despite the age difference the Hollywood pair have many similarities:
• Neither were star pupils. Pattinson said he did not work hard in school, while Johnny preferred to play with his band down the pub.
• Rob is also a big music fan. He learnt to play piano aged three and guitar at 12. He now plays in a band called ‘Bad Girls’ and wrote two songs for the ‘Twilight’ soundtrack.
• Both became actors by accident. Pattinson got his first taste of the theatre at 15. He liked the atmosphere backstage and decided to give it a go.
• Johnny only started acting to earn money for his unsuccessful band ‘The Kids’. His friend Nicolas Cage (45) encouraged him to give up his music career and start acting professionally.
• Both like playing crazy characters. Depp was nominated for an Oscar for his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’. Next year he will play the Mad Hatter in ‘Alice in Wonderland’.
• And Robert Pattinson of course plays a crazy vampire who falls in love and last year starred as the eccentric Spanish artist Dali in the film ‘Little Ashes’.
With two more ‘Twilight’ films now in the making, Rob is definitely on track to become a superstar like Johnny Depp - but fame can be a fleeting thing.
Source via Source