The New Moon trailer is being shown before Sorority Row, a new Summit movie, which hit theaters today.
Alison @Irishgirlnc watched it last night and she sent her recap of the trailer to Robert Pattinson Life. The video below is not the trailer, it's the recap with music :)
Spoilers galore! If you don't want to be spoiled don't watch/don't read on...
Alison - @Irishgirlnc already watched the new New Moon trailer and here what she has to share:
Here's what Meresquared and I saw tonight. As a Summit film, I expected to see the Jacob New Moon trailer, but there was sooo much more. It basically gave away the entire plot of the film! I was astounded at how much footage is in it. We literally gasped at some of the shots, and someone a few rows back from us was squealing. All the footage was GORGEOUS! It made me so excited for the film, but I am wary that they've released too much in the trailer. I'm assuming it will play before Sorority Row when it opens this weekend, or it's the trailer that is being unveiled at the VMAs.
- Volturi lair - Aro, Caius, Marcus
- Felix fighting Edward
- Edward being thrown about the lair two or three times.
- Bella begging them to not hurt him
- Edward leaving Bella in the woods (more dialogue than we've already heard)
- Bella in the woods
- Bella in despair in her room
- Bella confronting the pack, Paul morphing in to a wolf in front of Bella
- Bella and Jacob with Jacob's "I would never hurt you" line
- Bella on the bike seeing Edward and falling over.
- Edward vision in the school parking lot with voiceover from Bella saying it's the only way she can see him
- Bella and Jessica walking with Jessica saying "so you're an adrenaline junkie now"
- Bella on the cliff diving into the water. Bella in the water seeing Edward
- Jacob rescuing her and asking why she did that
- Alice appearing and telling Bella that Edward is going to kill himself
- Jacob trying to stop Bella from leaving to stop Edward
- Shot of the Porsche in the countryside, and Bella and Alice in the car
- Volterra and the parade
- Shirtless Edward
- Bella running to stop him in the fountain
- Jane saying something like 'this may hurt a little'
Gozde: Dude! Shirtless Robward? Hallelujah indeed! Can't wait for all the slow motion gifs that will come out of it :))
Oh and they put the whole movie in the trailer :))
Thanks to Twilight Lexicon
More from MTV.com:
If the focus of the "New Moon" teaser trailer was on the breakup, and the focus of "Meet Jacob Black" was, obviously, to introduce a new werewolf Jacob, then the focus of this newest trailer is on what comes next. Most of the clip is set in Italy at the end of the film, when Bella is (spoiler!) trying to stop Edward from killing himself by turning himself over to the Volturi.
But there is much more to the trailer than just Alice's shiny yellow Porsche. The element that will probably get the most people excited is the inclusion of Dakota Fanning as the evil vampire Jane (only briefly glimpsed in the last trailer), who has the power to create illusions of pain. The new trailer opens up with a shot of her in Volturi garb and then shows the rest of the Volturi guard before revealing Michael Sheen's Aro — the head of the Volturi — snapping a poor human's neck.
The trailer then hits lightly on Edward breaking up with Bella and the heartbreaking shot of her lying bereft on the forest floor. But it quickly moves on to Bella seeing a vision of Edward with his car at Forks High, and then we see Jacob comforting her after the fact. One of the locations the twosome are sitting at is the movie theater in the scene Mike Welch and Taylor Lautner fought so hard to keep in the film.
Director Chris Weitz showed how he kicked the CGI up to the next level by including clips of Bella trying to outrace visions of Edward on her motorcycle and a lot more of the cliff jump than was showed in "Meet Jacob Black." It is almost a work of art as Bella is floating under the water and sees Edward hovering upside down next to her after her jump. When an arm comes to pull her out of the water, she reaches out to touch Edward, and the illusion gets muddled and washed away.
The rest of the trailer revolves around Alice telling Bella about Edward's plan, Bella's epic run to save him, hints of some abs as Edward prepares to walk shirtless into the sunlight and some shots of the Volturi looking ready to kill spliced with a full wolf pack transformation. Bella's token line, "No, Edward, don't!" is thrown in for good measure, and the trailer ends on a high note, with Jane stating, "This may hurt just a little."
It will be interesting to see what extra footage will be added to the trailer at the VMAs, though an extension of any of the scenes shown will be something to look forward to. In the spirit of "Twilight Saga" clips shown at MTV awards shows, whatever is shown is sure to be enough to whip fans into a frenzy.