HO HO HO! Merry ROBmas!
It's Friday during RobHoliday Season which means it's Caption Contest time! I have a cool little-known-fact about Rob and the story, Wallbanger, but we'll get to that soon. First things first....
Caption Contest Guidelines:
- To enter, write a caption for the picture in the comment section.
- Your fellow ROBsessors will vote by clicking the little "vote up" arrow beneath your comment.
- Do not click the "vote up" arrow twice because it deletes your vote when you do. You'll see the voted number light up blue when your vote is counted.
- The caption with the most votes wins.
- Try to keep your caption to 1-3 sentences. ;)
- The contest is open worldwide & you have until 9pm (PST) Sunday, Dec. 9th, to enter.
- Next contest will be Friday, Dec. 14th.
- Winner: You'll win the eBook version of the newly released (Nov. 25, 2012) Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
- Runner up: You'll win the eBook versions of the 2010 series, The Unidentified Redhead and The Redhead Revealed, by Alice Clayton
The publisher told me something that made me want to do the Elaine "Get OUT" Benes shove. Let's flashback to an excerpt of an interview with Rob from May 2009 by Amy Raphael with The Guardian:
Most actors live in apartments, or at least hotel suites, while on set. But not Pattinson: "I've settled there now. It would take about three weeks for me to gather all my belongings. I don't let the maids in. I don't even pull the duvet down now because I don't want to see what's underneath."OF COURSE!!! How did I never assume the link? Alice Clayton named the infamous cat in Wallbanger, Clive, after Rob's infamous joke. Rob and his crazy names for self. I'm sure I would have caught on if the cat's name was Spunk Ransom. ;) I love that we know this little secret that the average reader won't know when they check out the story. Robsession lives on!
There are always fans waiting outside the hotel but he tries not to think about the phenomenal level of fame he's reached in north America; he says he'd go mad if he did. So he tries to disguise himself: "But instead I'm just getting more and more conspicuous; I'm wearing two hoods, a hat and sunglasses, which kind of stands out in the middle of the night. So I'm learning to sprint."
At times Pattinson sounds grown-up, but he also lapses into adolescent silliness. Ask if he has a fake hotel name and the giggling starts: "I was Clive Handjob in Paris. Everyone in the hotel called me 'Monsieur Handjob'. That was good, cheap fun."
Click HERE if you want to read about Alice, Wallbanger and more in our first Caption Contest post.
If you'd like to purchase the books now, check out the links below for the Kindle version and paperback:
GOOD LUCK! MERRY ROBMAS AND HAPPY ROBHOLIDAYS!!!!
Other ROBsessed festivities for the season...
- ROBsessed Holiday Video Challenge with some FANTASTIC Prizes!
- ROBsessed Advent Calendar - Daily treats for 25 days!
- 12 Days of ROBmas - Starts 12 days before Christmas with a new banner each day!
- Cosmopolis Countdown Giveaway - Starts Dec. 21st with 3 exciting prize packs being given away for the US release of Cosmopolis!
- ROBsessed Awards - Voting starts after Christmas and winners announced Dec. 31st!
- 365 Days of ROB - 2013 list revealed Dec. 31st!
- More caption contests into the new year with more prizes!