Egads...tough to see...here's what I could read:
- It opens with a description of him that fits in our posts: "smoldering, perfect, tousled, finger-lickin'"
- Elle kicks up dust and says regarding Kristen Stewart: "they may have slept together a few times but potentially really are just good friends"
- Rob took a break from filming Breaking Dawn to talk with Elle and "perked up" when discussing his post-Twilight career.
- They mention the ladies in Bel Ami and Reese from WFE
- Q: How great a novel is Bel Ami? Rob: Amazing. One of my favorites. The script was really good too. Duroy has kind of changed a bit. He's so cynical in the book, bu now he's so convinced that he knows everything and that he's been wronged, that he ends up being very earnest. He realizes that the whole world he lives in is based on a lie; it angers him so much that he basically want to burn the whole thing down...and in trying to enjoy everything he becomes what he hates most: a pompous little shit.
- Q: Was it fun playing a ladies man instead of celibate? Rob: Completely. I thought it was funny as well - Twilight having quite a bit of a female audience - to play a guy who basically screws women out of money. I like the fact that you never hear of a movie where the bad guy ?? every single person in the book and then wins.
- Q: So you relished playing a sleazy journalist? Rob: I like the section where he gets a job as a gossip writer and in a completely banal way just makes stuff up - uses the same story and changes the names. I think that still is very, very true.
- Q: It was once reported that you were pregnant. Rob: Yeah a couple years ago. That was true though.
- Q: Any other odd encounters with the media recently? Rob: A bunch of paparazzi were following me, and I thought the best way to deal with it was to stop my car in the middle of the street and say, "I'm not leaving and I'm not going to speak to you anymore." They got all pissed off because they can't just keep taking the same picture. We were in Venice by the boardwalk and they kept trying to get all these drug dealers to come up to the car. I was just like, "Oh my God this is insane."
- Q: Have you ever fantasizes about doing something to destroy the Twilight image of you? Rob: You know, when the whole thing dries up and there's hardly any paparazzi around - I don't know, in 15 years or something - I like the idea of just one paparazzo coming out and trying to get a picture and I just beat the shit out of him. I mean - out of nowhere - when my picture's not even worth...and I've spent all my money, so you can't sue me!
- Q: Is your idea of hell to end up at age 45 posing with Twilighters at a comic book convention? Rob: I mean, that would be totally fine - if I didn't have any responsibilities, if it didn't affect my career anymore. I did a couple of these after Harry Potter, when I was totally unemployed. You can have so much fun. There are so many weirdos there.
- Q: Have you had many near-death experiences? Rob: Yes, loads. I am the worst driver in the world. Every time I get in a car, I call up my parents and say goodbye.
- Q: What percentage of evil do you think you are? Rob: I mean, I used to think it was more-around 40, I think I was overestimating. I think its more like 3 which is very disappointing.
- Q: Here's a line from Maupassant "The essence of life is the smile of round female bottoms under the shadow of cosmic boredom." Any thoughts? Rob: That's an absolutely true quote. Round female bottoms are very much a miracle. (Tink: This was my favorite comment.)
- Q: What would have to happen to make tonight unforgettable? Anything you want. Rob: I just got a little dog, so I'm having a very girly night here with my pup, a rescue mutt. it's going to sound like I'm making this up.
I'm led to believe they can redeem themselves because the last line in the picture is another question so there has to be a page two. Guess we'll have to wait for it to hit stands. It's a bizarre info though, non? It was like they were trying to bait Rob into saying, "Twilight sucks balls! I hate my life and want to kill anything in my path!" You can tell Rob's humor with the responses...or did he really have a baby and I missed that? ;)