So one of our readers Marie was lucky enough to get tickets for "The Oprah Show" last week and you know what that means, Yeap she also got to see "Eclipse".
Here is her hilarious account of her "Oprah Show" experience and her "Eclipse" review is after the cut. If you don't want to be spoiled then don't read it.
We got down there a little after six and we got in line.
In the waiting room, we waited, very impatiently, for and hour and a half. That was torture, I tell you! Torture. We were sitting across for one of the groups of lucky girls that Rob paid a visit to last night, and they showed us their picture with Rob. They told them that they were going to be Skyped into the show and that they were coming to their house to set up, and then they showed up with Rob! The killer part is my sister Barb got a call on Monday about the Skype thing and if they picked her, she would need to be available Tuesday night. So she was in the running!!!! So close!!!!!! I really think, judging by the girls that were picked, that they were really looking for the 14 year old group. (Kate: Aww So close!)
Anyway, when they called our numbers, we actually got pretty good seats! Not down in the very front, but in the stadium farthest on the right facing the stage. So we were like, 30 feet away from Rob maybe. When Rob, Kristen and Taylor came out, the audience lost it! Seriously! It was crazy. Rob was wearing a brown button down shirt, jeans and those famous shoes that he has that match Kristen's. Kristen was wearing capri length leggings, a olive green long top and gorgeous heels. Taylor was the most dressed up with a suit jacket and pants, dress shoes. Side note - Taylor's dad was in the audience. Trying to keep a low profile on the show, but they did get him to talk to us before the show, and he has the same voice as Taylor!
Here are some things to look forward to when you see the show:
- the video of Rob visiting those houses last night was freaking hilarious. The one house, they took forever to answer the door, and when the finally did, Rob was like, "I was about to break into your house". At the second house, Rob rang the doorbell, and a dog started barking. So Rob is like, "oooh, they have a dog" and then he kinda woofed at the dog. (Kate: I have a dog Rob, come visit me! ) SOOOO CUTE!!!! The best part was watching Rob watch the videos because he is like cracking up at himself, but you can tell he's kinda embarrassed too.
Read more after the cut
- they also did one in LA where Taylor surprised a sorority of girls and they all are getting to go the Eclipse premiere!
- Oprah asked THE question about what is going on between Rob and Kristen. You knew she would. They just keep coming up with newer and better ways to completely avoid answering that question. Today Rob's response was, "Kristen is pregnant!" LOL Then Kristen said, "But he's carrying it" She said something like do you really think these hips could handle giving birth or something like that....I can't remember exactly what she said, but something goofy like that, and then of course that was it. They never answered the question.
- Rob mentioned that he was getting ready to film Water for Elephants, and me and like one other person were like "woohoo!". Me and that other person must have been the only 2 that have read it I guess. LOL
- One girls stood up and talked about how much she admired Kristen, and while she was talking, we are right behind her!!!! I don't know how well you will be able to see us, but look for the pink shirt (me) and the green shirt (Victoria). Then Kristen called her up on the stage and gave her the ring she wore, I think she said in Twilight.
- Oprah says something to Kristen about how shy she is, and then gets up and goes and gives her a hug. It was really cute.
- Oprah mentioned that Rob was named one of Time's 100 Most Influential People and People's Most Beautiful. She asked Rob which meant more to him and he said the Most Beautiful! LOL Then Rob mentioned that he beat Barack Obama for the most influential and also he liked the blurb that Chris Wietz wrote about him.
THE BEST MOMENT! Kassie and I had been kind of daring each other to yell Rob when it was quiet during the breaks. Then finally, at the last break, Kassie, being the brave woman that she is, yelled "Rob!" and he looked at us, so we started waving like idiots, and he smiled and waved back!!!!! We just about died right there and then. The a few minutes later, when they were leaving, the went past us and Victoria called Taylor and he looked and smiled.
Upon leaving, Oprah told us that we would be getting Bella's ring! So we all got a certificate to send in for Bella's Engagement Ring! Then there were some ladies outside passing out Eclipse posters and Burger king crowns! Sweet!
I absolutely, positively loved Eclipse more than New Moon and even more than Twilight. It was that good! Yeah, there were a few moments where you could tell that they hadn't quite finished, but all in all amazing. At one point, 2 of the wolves were still in cartoon form....to be filled in later, but that was really the only obvious sign that it was a work in progress.
Rob was gorgeous in Eclipse. He is much happier, less angsty. There were a lot of really really close up shots of his face....*sigh*, but Kassie pointed out that you could kinda see the make-up more. He wardrobe was hotter and more casual....I really hated that suit in New Moon.
His eyes eyes look gold in this pic, but I am sure they were black with thirst in this part of the movie.
Kristen was really great. I thought she was less twitchy. The wig had it's good moments and bad moments. If she kinda had her hair swooped to the side off her forehead, it looked natural, but when it was parted down the middle, it looked very wiggy.
Taylor....is it possible that his abs got bigger, better and tighter? Holy hotness Batman!!! I'm not team Jacob, but man did Taylor look good. I think you guys will love his one liners, a little preview for Breaking Dawn. The tension between Jacob and Edward is really really there, and brings out some great lines from both Taylor and Rob!
The Cullens - Rosalie, Alice, and Esme looked much better, and very bad ass in the fight scene. Emmett looked hot as usual and he had some great one liners, but Carlisles hair was a bit of a hair helmet. I loved Jasper, despite his hideous hair, because that cute little Southern drawl made up for the bad hair and Jasper had a lot more to say in this movie!
Riley is totally hot, but Victoria is not. I miss Rachelle. Dallas Bryce-Howard doesn't quite pull of bad-ass as well as Rachelle.
Highlights from Eclipse
-First of all, Eclipse has way more LOL moments than either of the other 2 movies combined.
-Definitely some hot and heavy making out with Edward and Bella. Me likey!
-Edward totally goes off on Jacob after he kisses Bella and she breaks her hand. Like he is really pissed! Not the angry, but still very calm Edward in the book. Really pissed off, yelling at Jacob, Edward. I ♥♥♥♥ angry Rob! He's so freaking hot!
-The proposal included hot and heavy making out, the leg hitch (YEAH BABY!!!!!) and a very, very, (like brings tears to your eyes!) emotional Edward asking Bella to marry him. AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! It was really sweet. The best line here is after Edward thwarts Bella's advances, and she's like saying, you don't want me, and Edward is like, "Bella, believe me, I WANT TO" GAH! You just gotta love the way Rob delivers that line!!!!
-The tent scene is basically what it is in the book. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The only thing that is missing, which I would have loved to have in the movie, was Edward unzipping the sleeping bag and Jacob falling out on the cold floor of the tent.
-The fight scene is kick-ass! I know it wasn't totally done and fine-tuned yet, but you will love it. Everyone in the theater went "oooooh!" during the fight.
-Jasper telling Bella his backstory! You will love Jasper's accent, and he is cute as hell in the flashbacks. Then after he comes back to the present, he and Alice share a cute little lovey dovey kissy moment. :) Yay!
-You will love Rosalie when she comes after Royce in her wedding dress with her red eyes and maniacal look on her face.
- Edward and Bella look friggin adorable in those ugly yellow caps and gowns. For Bella it might have something to do with the fact that her wig is hidden. For Edward, it might just be because he is effing gorgeous....ALWAYS!
- The party is in the movie, but seemed really short to me, compared to the book.
- Seth is the CUTEST wolf ever!!!!! (Sorry Jacob!)
Big thanks to Marie for sending us all this. Check out her blog here.